Taranaki Pathology Services is a modern diagnostic laboratory and is the provider of community services to the Taranaki region. We operate 4 collection centres. Taranaki Pathology Services was established on 1 February 2020, and is owned by APHG – New Zealand’s largest network of diagnostic laboratories.
The services we offer:
- Molecular pathology
- Phlebotomy – specimen collection service
- Specimen referral service for esoteric testing
As an medical laboratory we:
- collect and transport specimens
- test, analyse and report on them
- provide expert advice and consultation.
We employ around 55 staff in our laboratories in our collection centres through the greater Taranaki region.
Everyday about 1000 patient samples get registered in our laboratory and we undertake about 4000 pathology tests.
Taranaki Pathology Services operates under the following STAR values:
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our patients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity.
Acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi
Whakamanatia te Tiriti o Waitangi. The Treaty of Waitangi is acknowledged as a unique feature of the New Zealand community.